Tile Patterns & Possibilities
These layout solutions are good for any series using these two, three, and four sizes, and/or any two products with the same size ratio that have the same thickness.
Notice: Where three or more sizes of tile are to be used to create (accomplish) a modular pattern, attention to each tile’s size (caliber/calibration) MUST be addressed in order to achieve an overall layout with regard to the grout joints. At time of order this information must be conveyed, and a dry lay of the tiles must be done in order to verify the nominal characteristics of each shipment. No claims will be accepted after installation. Use constitutes acceptance.
Helpful Hints on Patterning
When it comes to tile flooring, you are not limited to just thinking “square.” Patterning is a great design tool that should be considered. With so many sizes and options, choose a pattern that suits your style and works best for your project. The combinations and/or finishes are virtually limitless, and can dramatically change the look of any room.
1) Remember to always make sure that the sub-floor is completely level before installation to avoid hollow spots and uneven finishes.
2) Always round up to the next highest footage when calculating the square footage of tile that you need for your installation.
3) It is never safe to assume that a room is perfectly square. Always begin by squaring off from the center of the room and begin the pattern along one straight edge.
4) When doing a completely random pattern, the percentages for the sizes involved will not always add up to 100%. You will need to allow for significant overage due to the centering of the layout.
5) Inspect before you install.